[3830] SS CW N6ML(@W6JZH) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 8 20:49:42 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: W6JZH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Pittsburg, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First CW contest for me, and my skill level showed. Still got a long way to go
with CW. Found it unproductive to try to copy the fast exchanges S&P'ing, so
spent almost all of the time CQing at 20wpm, and fortunately was able to manage
an OK rate. Apologies too all those I slowed down with my QLFing.

Numbers look quite good, but we'll see how the log check goes. I'm sure my
error rate is going to be quite high.

Thanks very much to W6JZH for use of the great station. I knew I was loud when
I busted VO1MP's big pile-up (on 15) with a single call! Most of the other
mults answered my CQs. VE8EV called me right after VY1EI! I was able to hold
run frequencies for long periods. The station could have produced a much bigger
score with a competent op!

That said, I'll be back there for SSB ... CU then!

    ~Iain / N6ML