[3830] SS CW K1EP Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 9 01:58:54 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I rarely get the opportunity to operate SS CW, so I know that this has to be my
best outing so far.  I was going for the sweep and missed the usual suspects,
NWT and MB as well as a couple that I should have gotten, AK and NL.  SB for
some reason was a tough on and SF which is usually rare was all over the bands.
 I have a pet peeve that comes out in this contest.  Stop using cut numbers in
your exchange.  When the exchange is a combination of letters and numbers, use
numbers for numbers.  I almost always asked for fills when someone sent a cut
number in their serial number or check.  Not much of a time saver if you ask
me.  There seemed to be a reasonable amount of activity and I even spent some
time on 160 working a few.  I also spent way too much time on 20M late Sunday
afternoon looking for AK, MB and NWT.  I gave up early, I didn't even hear one
station from those sections.  I had a couple of good runs when the meter was
over 100.  Given the long exchange, I tend to send slower than other contests,
so I wonder what a good rate is in SS.  I think I had to be spotted for some of
those runs, as there were strings of U stations.  That always helps to keep you
in the chair!  Thanks for the Qs.