[3830] SS CW K1ESE SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 9 03:10:52 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1ESE
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: K1ESE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: ME

Club: White Mountain ARC - NH

Comments:

I decided to try for a Clean Sweep this year having never done one before.  I
went SO Unlimited to enhance my chances.  That gave me both the cluster and my
500w amp to power my all-band Zepp.

I didn't spend more than an hour or two on Saturday.  It was slow going and
pretty discouraging.  Watched a movie with the XYL and turned in early.

I got up early Sunday and had a good session of S&P.  By 10am I just needed 6
sections.  By noon, down to four.  By 2pm I had snagged KL7, VE8, and NE.  Just
SB to go.

A few spots for SB on 15M went nowhere since 15m was closed in Maine by the
time the spots showed up.  I roamed 20m and called CQ, but no SB.  Finally,
about 5:30 a spot for 20m SB showed up and I nabbed him after a few calls.  My
first Clean Sweep!

It was lots of fun, but those last 4 hours looking for SB were awfully slow.
73 de K1ESE John