[3830] SS CW K5XA Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 9 13:08:50 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5XA
Operator(s): K5XA
Station: K5XA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Kerrville, TX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First SS CW since 1994 from my Oklahoma QTH – call then was NJ1V. Had a great
time! But I forgot how intimidating that exchange can be for a first timer
(after all of that time, give me a break and consider me a first timer!) It
took me a while to get back into the rhythm of the contest. I had a family
conflict on Sunday morning and had to QRT for some passing thunderstorms Sunday
afternoon, but I enjoyed the break, and did better at then end of the contest.
Missed some of the Canadian Provinces and VI. So 100K and a Sweep Cup has to be
my goal for next year.
73 ............. K5XA John Guida