[3830] SS CW K9NW(@K9UWA) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 9 18:18:24 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Indiana

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3
Alpha 87A
Bunch of antennas

This was my first chance to play with the K3.  Lots to learn but figured out
the basics in pretty short order.  I figure one button/knob per week and I
should have it down by next spring.....there's truly lots of capability with
this radio.  Mikey likes it!!

I'd been working for 10 straight days in Costa Rica prior to SS and was
physically cashed so a fulltime effort wasn't in the cards.  That's too bad
because condx and activity were great.  But I still wanted to try out the new
radio and ended up with more chair time than I expected because I couldn't pull
myself away from the new toy!  Tossed in a little 160m DXing as well.

All sections except for NT eventually called in at least once.  VE8EV and VY1EI
were both found on 20m.

Thanks for the QSOs!

And thanks, as always, to John and Jean!

73, Mike K9NW