[3830] WAE RTTY K7IA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 15 16:40:47 PST 2009

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Southwest NM

   80:   50    50     0    44
   40:  230   240    10   120
   20:  434  1165   731   148
   15:   58    88    30    44
   10:    2     2     0     2
-------------------------------
Total:  774  1545   771   358  Total Score = 553,110

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

A nice RTTY outing with lots of worldwide participation.  Band conditions were
fair, but not as good as in last weekend's Sweepstakes CW.  An omen for next
weekend's Sweeps SSB, or, more importantly, post-Thanksgiving CQ WW CW?  We'll
just have to operate them to find out!

I like the QTC exchanges, which I first experienced in this year's WAE CW a
couple of months ago.  This time, however, stations outside of Europe can
receive QTCs and not simply send them.  The Europeans are quite skilled at
receiving QTCs, but apparently, the rest of the world is not, witness the many
who refused to take them.  Next year, I won't wait until Sunday morning to pass
my accumulated QTCs to experienced operators!  Thanks to the many EU ops who
accepted them on Sunday!  Thanks also to the other ops who gave the
send/receive process a shot.  Even with automated logging software (mine:
N1MM), it's still a bit of a challenge to get everything set up and working
efficiently to minimize "AGN QTC:" replies.  QTCs make for added interest in
what could be, compared to CW, a dull operating mode.  I managed to leave only
84 unsent QTCs on the table.

Many thanks to the WAE sponsors and to those who will dissect the submitted
logs!

73,
Dan k7ia