[3830] OK/OM DX OM5ZW(@OM7M) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 16 11:34:56 PST 2009

                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: OM5ZW
Operator(s): OM5ZW
Station: OM7M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   10:   18     13
-------------------
Total: 1884   1097  Total Score = 3,585,566

Club: LBCC

Comments:

Nice contest! The definite decision to take part in the OK/OM DX contest
didn’t fall until Friday morning. However the antenna setup wasn’t ready at
all. The lower 20m showed a high SWR, the rotator on 10m didn’t really fulfill
my expectations and I’m not even talking about the receiving antennas for the
lower bands.
The contest started with a nice rate, which continued until midnight at
100QSO/h. That means, for the first 12 hours 1200 QSOs was logged. The next 12
hours I held the average of 60 QSO/h. I needed to change the bands more often
because the stations were as if disappearing.
 I caught a nice opening on 160m where I worked 80 USA stations.
Congrats to Jirka OK5R and Petr OK1FFU to their score.
A note to Jirko OK5R: “For this contest you need to put the antennas 20
meters lower ….:-)”
CU in CQ WW CW
73!! Lubo, OM5ZW