[3830] WAE RTTY VA2UP Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 16 15:37:06 PST 2009

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  175   205    30   188
   40:  398   698   300   198
   20:  593  1383   790   164
   15:  182   282   100   106
   10:
-------------------------------
Total: 1348  2568  1220   656  Total Score = 1,684,608

Very nice contest. I have done much better than last year and very pleased with
that. As for many others, this is my favorite contest, there should be 12 WAE
contests a year one every month :)
Goofed the nice opening for 15 on saturday and left the antenna switch on the
40M dipole instead of selecting the 15M yagi gosh!! When I realized the mistake
it was already late and unfortunately sunday here the band opened just for USA
and SA no more EU for qtc exchange, oh well it happens, we learn as we go along
(I have to change my glasses). Amplifier let go sunday morning, I guess the
usual pin diodes that fail in Alphas...took it apart but couldn't do anything
about it, will let the pros handle this one. After stripping the station, been
doing a lot of work on the antennas last month and it's almost done for the
winter season. In spring I'll complete the new installation but I'm very
pleased already with what I have seen this weekend. Great to see so many
friends and to be able to participate in this lovely contest. Thanks to the
organizers for all the work that goes into such an event.
73,  Fabi  va2up