[3830] SS SSB K7XC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 22 16:58:02 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Fallon, NV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What joy to work a sweep in each mode... A small victory
considering that my 37ft crank-up tower trailer was pushed over in 85 MPH winds
a mere 24 hrs before the contest. Fortunately the tower destroyed only itself
and it's long boom 50/144 Mhz antennas, It could have been much worse. As a
result of dealing with all of the madness of a downed tower, broken antennas, a
dead back up generator, and a hole in the wall where the cable entry port used
to be, I started the contest dead tired and emotionally spent, not my idea of
fun.

Kudos to Patrick - WX7M who showed up 3 hrs after the tower fell to loan me a
IC-4KL solid state auto tune KW amplifier. He stayed and together in the huge
winds and bitter cold we ran a 220V line into the shack so the station would be
QRO in time for the event.

I stopped with 5 hrs left in the contest as I just didn't have the energy to go
any further.... I met my goals of a sweep and at least doubling last years score
so i called it a night.

PS: SSB sucks! CW FOREVER! KB!!!!!!!!!!