[3830] SS SSB N6XI SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 22 18:58:00 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6XI
Operator(s): N6XI
Station: N6XI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Early sweep this time at 0313Z (only 5:40 operating time). Lots of activity kept
the rate up through my part-time effort but the crowding was unbearable at
times. MN seemed to be everywhere. I was shocked by how many signals were
technically deficient - distorted, broad, muffled. The Old Man would have
applied the Wouff Hong to hundreds of participants! It's time for a tutorial on
how to operate an SSB transmitter.