[3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 22 19:17:38 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Minnesota

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

- Challenging with QRP, as always.  Saturday afternoon was great, especially wit
15 open and the rates were pretty decent, even with S&P.  But Sunday was
excrutiatingly slow: difficult to find fresh meat to work and I was 95% plus
S&P.  It is very difficult to establish and maintain a run frequency and
impossible to do it on 40 or 80, at least with my antennas.  I did have some
decent runs (for QRP)on 15 though.  20 and 40 were really rough with QRM - it
will be nice to get 10m open to take some pressure off 20!

Appreciated all the comments on my signal strenth and audio quality, some even
before they knew I was QRP!

I had hoped to break 500 QSOs but obviously fell short - Bummer.  Seemed like
VEs were really scarce and I never heard a single VE4 - so ended up one short
of a sweep.  Double bummer!

Sounded like there were some good QRP scores and I know that N0UR surged ahead
of me on Sunday and kicked my butt to take Minnesota and the Dakota Division.
Congrats Jim!

As always, thanks for the good ears out there, especially on 40 and 80.

73,
Randy, ND0C

Station: Yaesu FT897D at 5 watts out to 3 el tribander at 48 ft and tuned
dipole at 45 feet.  N3FJP logging program and Heil microphone