[3830] SS SSB N0HR Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 22 19:50:24 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N0HR
Operator(s): N0HR
Station: N0HR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IA

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My SteppIR control box is still on its way back from the SteppIR Doctor - so, my
antenna is stuck on 15m.  With that in mind, I wasn't planning to work in this
contest - but still had it on my calendar of "contest weekends".

I had some free time on Saturday and decided to work on my clumsy wire 80m
vertical... it's now up to a whopping 3 radials (and a chain link fence).

Anyway, my wife noticed the calendar had a contest and asked if I was going to
be in it. She said "there's not much else going on this weekend - you might as
well".  Sweet!

So, I finished my antenna work and got on the air with my new IC-7600. It was
my first experience with the IC7600 in a contest. Still have some kinks to work
out - but I'm happy with it so far.

Had a couple nice runs - and a lot of time exploring the rig. Would have been
more fun with a 20m antenna.

Thanks for the fills.

73 Pat N0HR
http://www.n0hr.com