[3830] SS SSB K6LRG Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 22 20:19:27 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6LRG
Operator(s): N6WM K4UV
Station: K6LRG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Livermore, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wow! how about the kickoff on 15M!!  started the contest with solid 2 hours of
100+ rate on 15.  absolutely fantastic. Was able to keep a hold on a run
frequencies on 20, but then trouble set in, as we discovered we were not
putting out any remarkable signal on the 40m beam.  went to plan b and operated
what we could off the 40m steppir vert, but it was very difficult to hold a run
freq and my money antenna was out of service.  went to 80m a did what we could,
but the damage was done.  too bad HRO is not open on sunday. So went into break
knowing We had to maximize our upper band potential, fortunately then did not
dissapoint. picked up slack on 20 sunday am, then to 15 where the band remained
open for quite some time and continued to run, and completed our sweep.  Then
back to 20 for more "splatter alley", but ultimately back to the 40 gp to try
and work some more, and lost a couple of run freqs.

Given the circumstances, I am quite pleased with the score, and the
contribution the effort!  We will soon loose a great op over to to ACG(well
they get one back) as K6LRG and NCCC team member K4VU returns to his home
state, but it was fantastic working with Robin one last time during sweepstakes
this year, and he will always have a chair available at K6RLG.

73, and thanks to all for the q's
Seeya next time!

Chris
N6WM for K6LRG