[3830] SS SSB W1XX Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 23 07:30:26 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RI

   40: 1016

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

TR 6.79 logged 18 duplicate QSOs for zero points so the QSO total is really
1815...but my best score ever. KL1V called in Sunday afternoon on 20 to
complete the sweep with another KL7 calling in later. A sole VI called in
relatively early.  As usual, RI proved to be a strong drawing card with many
stations even late in the contest and high Q numbers reporting it to be their
first RI Q.  Happy days for all!  40 continues to be my bread-and-butter
band...it being the easiest band for folks to find my 2-el M2 Yagi at 100 feet.
 Kibitzed with a few other CK 54s about us old geezers still having fun
contesting.  Perhaps a little noted plus for contesting in general was my
observation of the significant number of youngsters doing well getting their
feet wet in contesting.  They were doing a fine job, some operating PREC "S" at
their school club stations.  Bodes well for the future of contesting doesn't it?
Hats off to the unrecognized Elmers responsible.  73!

-- John, W1XX