[3830] SS SSB N0QO(@W0UR) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 23 21:50:06 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N0QO
Operator(s): N0QO
Station: W0UR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Colorado

   20: 1484

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

First I want to thank the people that helped get the station ready for the
contest.

Larry W0QE, John N0TA, Tom W0IVJ, Gordon W0RUN and Molly W0MOM for their
generous loan of an Alpha amplifier and of course Jim W0UR.  Also I want to
thank Steve N2IC and Bob K0KR for their advice on strategy, operating, and
patience with my many questions.

I started the contest almost an hour late due to my underestimation of what it
would take to implement an SO2R setup in the 12th hour (not to smart) but I did
get it working (kind of.

I never tried to run 15 or 80 so it was all about 20 and 40m for me.  Spent
most of my time on 20m running which took it toll, I was mentally fried by
Sunday.  As a result I was not as patient or kind as I should have been to many
of the people that contacted me.

Still learning quite a bit and am happy that I was able to achieve a better
result this year than last.

Jim thanks again for letting me use and abuse your station.

73,  Ken, N0QO