[3830] SS SSB VA7IR Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 24 22:16:06 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VA7IR
Operator(s): VA7IR
Station: VA7IR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Quesnel BC

Finally got back on the air after being off for 21 years.
Was very disappointed with how much power some had to use?
at times there was stations using a lot of bandwidth with over modulation
20 meters before the contest was at a very quiet level, once it started
at my location the whole band was at a 9 s unit noise.
I could work most of N America with 5 watts?
would be nice to see a power limit for a what is a local contest.
besides that i did enjoy the contacts on 15 that did open.
thanks for those that gave me contacts
73  Ken  VA7IR