[3830] W3IDt & K3MIM @ W3LPL: SS/SSB

Bob, W3IDT w3idt at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 15:31:55 PST 2009

[Extracts from full PVRC reflector posting]
1. Once again we (Bob, W3IDT & Miriam, K3MIM) - "the father / daughter
contest team" - extend our appreciation to Phyllis for letter us invade
her home on a "non-dx-contest" weekend, and to Frank, W3LPL, for
arranging a special configuration of his M/M DX contest station for our
use in SS/SSB.

3. Basic results:
        RawQs    DupQs     NetQs   Sections  Points
W3IDT  1581     41        1541  * 80 Secs = 246,400
K3MIM  1541     26        1515  * 79 Secs = 239,379
Total  3122     67        3056              485,779

Both scores submitted to the ARRL robot as Multi-Op, each with a single
operator.  From extensive, exhaustive recent thread on CQ_Contest on
contest ethics at least some individuals would consider our manner of
band switching as "receiving assistance from other individuals".
Makes no difference to club points; removes any question.

4. Band usage
With k3mim's newly minted Extra Class license (it arrived the Wednesday
before the contest; Hey, that's better than the General in 2006 which
arrived the Friday before the contest!) and, as many of you know, the
very bad gender-based harassment she had last year in the General Class
band segments, she decided to do the entire contest in the Extra /
Advanced band segments.  Not a single incident of harassment based on
gender and her high serial numbers... she's not likely to return to the
General class segments any time soon.

8. Out-of-area friends
It's always nice to be able to say a quick "hello" to out-of-area
friends: This year especially to K4GKD and NM2O (ex-KT4W) both former
local PVRC members, and to K4BAI and K9YC, both recent PVRC visitors.
K3MIM got various "hello Miriam; say hello to your dad" comments; so it
seems the word is getting out re the father / daughter contest team.

10. Final result: We're happy. Slighter better scores than last year.

Bob, w3idt, and Miriam, k3mim
w3idt at arrl.net  k3mim at arrl.net