[3830] CQWW CW K5GO M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 29 18:25:50 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K0AP, K0NI, K0RO, K5GO, K5LG, K9BGL, KM5G, KM5PS, N5DX, N5RR, W0BH, W5XZ
Station: K5GO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ARKANSAS

  160:  217    21       58
   80:  577    29      107
   40: 1467    39      151
   20: 1960    38      152
   15:  530    31      101
   10:   99    13       28

This past week we lost K5KA who became a Silent Key.   Ken was a friend who has
been helpful and supportive and an operator at the station in several contests.
 He will be missed and we will especially remember him at this time of the year.

This was a good contest for us.  Everyone worked hard as a team so we could do
the best possible.  We had several operators who had either never been to the
station or had not been here in a long time.

K0NI came down early on Friday and helped a lot with some last minute antenna
changes.  Jeff had not been at the station in several years.  We hope he will
become a regular when we operate in the multi-operator category.  Jeff is a
great asset in every respect and did a great job filling in on nearly every
band.

K5LG and KM5PS were not there for the entire contest due to other commitments
but were there when we needed help to cover the bands.

New faces included old friend W5XZ who found he was able to come up the morning
of the contest and drove about 7 hours from Texas to join us.  We were so glad
to have someone who wanted to work 160M.  Despite conditions that were not so
good, Dan stayed with it and did a great job. Hoping Dan can make the trip in
the future.

K0AP came down for the first time and we will be pleased if he can join us on a
regular basis. Dragan was the 40M operator and did an outstanding job.  He had
39 zones before the first night was finished and over 100 countries in about
the first 6 hours of the contest.  The band was flat for many hours in the
evening but he was there calling CQ, working everything that could be worked.

This was also the first time at our station for W0BH.  Bob filled in everywhere
he was needed, enduring 10M for most of Sunday.  I think Bob enjoyed the
experience and will be coming back for more contests in the future.

N5DX was the 20M operator and did a great job with the best score we have ever
had on that band.

We needed someone who would get the most out of 10M and did not have anyone
designated as a 10M operator.  N5RR who had been up most of the night on 80M
stayed with 10M all day Saturday to work what was available and W0BH took
charge of the band on Sunday.

K0RO was only able to come for a few hours on Saturday but came and did exactly
what needed to be done - worked with Kevin on 20M when it opened on Saturday.

KM5G was there for the entire contest, primarily operating 40M with K0AP and
filling in everywhere else when needed.  Chuck has been available to operate
most every contest and help with projects for the past decade.  (We missed
having our friend Carlin, N5OE, this year.)

We thought 15M might be a big band this year and had K9BGL as the primary
operator on that band.  Conditions were not as good as we had hoped to have but
we were prepared with Karl at the key.  Like so many of us Karl filled in on
other bands when it was needed.

We hope that everyone had a good time and enjoys some aspect of the competition
whether it is overall score, a particular band or even a single pile-up.  CQ WW
is a special contest.

Thanks for the QSOS.  I will load the log into LOTW soon.

Happy Holidays to all.

73…Stan, K5GO