[3830] CQWW CW N6EF SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 29 18:59:08 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6EF
Operator(s): N6EF
Station: N6EF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Sacramento

   20:  16      7        7
   15:  28     10       15
Total:  44     17       22  Total Score = 4,797

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Very casual operation, only a couple of hours here and there. I had a hard time
being heard with only 100 watts into a homebrew hexbeam at 12 feet. I still
couldn't get a run going (not a single answer to any of my CQs) and had better
luck with S&P. I did manage to get some new countries. 15 was the better band
for me with much less crowding than 20. I did get through a couple of pileups
on 15 on the 1st couple of calls much to my surprise. It was still fun.