[3830] CQWW CW LP1H(LU5DX) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 30 05:53:38 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LP1H
Operator(s): LU5DX
Station: LU5HM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Cordoba

   80:    4     4        4
   40:  848    30      100
   20: 1497    37      114
   15: 2031    35      120
   10:  331    19       38

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Though it was not possible to operate on 3.5 an 1.8 due to summer thunder storm
over the station all weekend long I really had a blast!!

The station performed flawlessly throughout the weekend. All the man-hours
devoted to improving every possible detail by LU5HM, LU7HE and LU9HS really
payed off.

I have no words to explain how reliable the amps made by LU7HE are. Both the
8877 and the 3-1000Z were busy the 48 hours and had not a single hicup.

Band conditions were somewhat worse than last year's CQ WW CW. Specially the
low bands.

Was hopping for similar conditions than in CQ WW SSB, but sun's active zones
rotated a week earlier.

I was not feeling like doing it the 48 huors straight, but it was such a
pleasure to operate that I hardly took two short bio-breaks throughout the
weekend. Only ate a few fruits and cookies and drank enuough water.

Two BBQs. 1st: Friday by Ramón LU5HM. 2nd. Sunday by Santiago (grabbed a bite
whilst operating on 15 m).

Big thanks to:

Ramón LU5HM: for allowing me to operate the station again in spite of a tight
business schedule and for sitting right next to me all weekend long making good
company and making sure everything was in good shape.

Ramuco LU7HE: for hospitality and for all the hours spent to work on the tech
side of the station.

Javi LU9HS: for being there helping build, mantain and repair whatever is
needed  and for keeping in touch throughout the contest

Mónica: for her hospitality and for making me feel like at home.

Thanks a lot to everyone who gave us a call!

CU on the bands.

Vy 73.

Martin, LU5DX (op at LP1H) - 2009 CQ WW DX CW SOAB(A)
www.5bits.net/lu5dx

P.S. You can check www.lp1h.com.ar (still under construction, but we'll publish
some pics and a more extensive write-up later on this weekend)

Station:

2 X IC 775 DSP
2 X ICE filters
Software N1MM