[3830] CQWW CW VE2DWA(LU7DW) SOSB/160 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 30 08:49:42 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE2DWA
Operator(s): LU7DW
Station: VE2DWA

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Aylmer QC
Operating Time (hrs): ~8

  160:  212    16       49

All reports sent were 595 5, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1000D, Ten Tec Titan

Antenna: Inverted L w/16 x 1/8 WL radials, Inverted vee @ 40 feet (to work the
locals)

PC Pentium 1 166 MHz (DOS), Software CT 10.04

I was rebuilding my antennas the week before the contest, I least I had
installed a L and a inverted vee by 02 GMT on Saturday.  We had rain all the
weekend and some statics noise, but without a good RX antenna, sometimes is
difficult the reception in 160.

Anyway I have fun working some friends, but not a new country was worked,
PI4KGL and PI4CC were the loudest Eu stations but KGL didn't copy me.  At my
Sunday sunrise JA3YBK was loud in NA with a big pile-up from US/VE but he
couldn't copy us; JA3YBK and C4I were the only Asia's stations copied at home.

I found that my 250Hz filters were wide for 160 meter, seems to be more and
more K3s with the 125 Hz filter on the bands, it's time to change the filters
on my radio.

Thnaks all for the QSOs. See you in ARRL 160 meter.

73, Claudio LU7DW-VE2DWA-VE3AP-N6LU