[3830] CQWW CW PJ4A(@PJ4G) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 30 13:24:55 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): K4BAI, W4OC, PJ4LS
Station: PJ4G

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bonaire, N.A.

  160:  199    13       44
   80:  619    20       86
   40: 2067    36      134
   20: 1635    38      127
   15: 1605    34      124
   10:  358    18       38

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, FT1000MP Mark V, AL1200 x 2, 1 KW output, 160M inverted vee, 80M
sloper (N), 80M dipole, 40M 2 el beam, C3, C31XR, one NE and one NW beverages
switchable to both or either rig, CTWIN logging, two laptop computers
networked.  Our score this year seems to be lower than last year despite
improvements in the beverages and erection of the 80M sloper.  Both of these
worked very well.  Conditions on 80 and 160 and 15 were much worse than last
year, but conditions on 10M seemed a bit better on Sunday than last year.  15M
seemed down on Sunday from what we experienced on Sat.  Congrats to the team at
P33W for a great M/S score.  We lost nearly two hours to a power outage.  We had
not prepared for that eventually and had no accessible gasoline for the gasoline
generator.  We had to buy some one Sunday afternoon and the generator started up
fine and had run only a few minutes when the power came back on.  We had wrongly
assumed we could get gasoline for the generator by siphoning from the rental
car, but that gas tank had a device to prevent such.  We also had to effect a
major repair on the feedline to the C3 and weren't able to get the DSL line
connected until just a few hours before the contest.  Hans, PJ4LS, was a great
help.  Thanks for all the QSOs.  QSLs for PJ4/K4BAI, PJ4/W4OC, and PJ4A go via
K4BAI.  E-mail requests for bureau QSLs will be accepted from stations outside
the continental US.  k4bai at worldnet.att.net.  73, John, K4BAI.