[3830] CaQP N6HC SOFixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 5 07:34:02 PDT 2009

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: ORANge

  160:    9      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Orange County Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

In spite of less than optimal propagation, my favorite contest again exceeded my
wildest expectations.  I was not able to operate the full 24 hours, but 19 hours
of "organized" bedlam was enough!  There was no paucity of stations calling me
from in-state, out-of-state and DX. A few times I even stopped my "run" to chat
with old friends. Mr. Murphy was not able to rankle my aging transceiver,
amplifier, antennas or DOS computer.  I lost about 90 minutes on Sunday chasing
the elusive FT5GA DXpedition on 15 CW. Alas, no joy at the "Hotel California" in
this hunt.  Maybe the next DXpedition to Glorioso when the conditions are more
conducive to better propagation to the left coast of North America. I have been
participating in this CQP excitement in the Single Operator Class almost since
the inception of this State QSO Party.  I think I'm ready to consider joining a
team effort on a county expedition or M/S - M/M effort next year.  Anyone
interested in recruiting me?