[3830] CaQP N6YEU SOCntyExp LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Oct 8 22:23:06 PDT 2009

                    California QSO Party

Call: N6YEU
Operator(s): N6YEU
Station: N6YEU

Class: SOCntyExp LP
QTH: Trinity

  160:    0      0
   80:  123      0
   40:  168      1
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Redwood Empire DX Association

Comments:

GREAT condx! I didn't experience the winds that other county expeditions had but
did get snow saturday afternoon and evening.2 element Stepp-ir antenna worked
great but new FT-950 was a big disappointment. Power on/off switch is bad and I
believe rig also caused lap top to crash twice. Put in my trusty TS-850and ran
like a champ rest of contest. Couldn't get my LDG auto tuner to get my 40/80
trapped dipole to tune on SSB frequencies so basically CW only on low bands.
Brought my new Belgian Malinois rescue dog Neela for her first CQP and she is
now an old pro. I missed NT but also ID and NV!! Where was K5RC,K7NV etc.??!! I
can't wait till next year. 73,Fred