[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 19 08:44:17 PDT 2009

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio

Total:  QSOs = 124  Total Score = 564

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Expected a lot of QRN but the band was quiet here.  I easily heard EI, OK, SM,
OZ, KH6 and a few others but, not surprisingly, they couldn't hear my puny 100
watt signal from a dipole at 40'.  Very deep QSB on most of the DX.  Managed
seven 14 pointers, all the US west coast except for KV4FZ.  Got up in the
middle of the night to see if I might pick up a few Europeans at their sunrise
but heard nothing and only found half a dozen new US stations so back to bed.

Hope to put in at least a few hours in the Stew in December but I am usually
jet-lagged at that time and busy with family things, so it's not the best time
for me.

Thanks to the sponsors for a great event.  The grid square exchange makes for
an interesting format.

73,  Hal W1NN