[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Oct 22 20:51:27 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - October 23

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA

  160:   3      3
   80:   7      5
   40:   4      3
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  14     11  Total Score = 154

At QSO #10 in the SNS, I ran upstairs as the Yankees started rallying, and I
didn't get back in front of the radio until 0250Z.  I hadn't reset the logging
program and decided to just start with QSO #11,  figuring a very low number
that late in the sprint would be more confusing than anything else.  The west
coast and VP2V/KN5H were strong on 40M, 80M seemed in good shape, and 160M was
hopping for the two minutes I was on Top Band.

All in all, great to be back home and on the air after two weeks in India.  I
reworked the inverted-L for 80M/160M today (it was a beautiful day here in
EPA), and I seemed to be in much better shape tonight than when I'm just using
the 43 ft. vertical.  I plan on expanding the radial field by about 15%
tomorrow morning, so hopefully that will improve things further.

Also, really sad to hear about the C6APR tragedy.  The team and their families
are in our prayers here.

73,

Joe
WI2E