[3830] CQWW SSB VE3XD SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 16:13:14 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3XD
Operator(s): VE3XD
Station: VE3XD

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: ON

  160:   12     3        4
   80:   85     6        6
   40:   93    15       34
   20:  272    26       98
   15:  228    24       93
   10:   10     6        5

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It was good to see 15 open for much of the day and to find some good DX on it as
well. But this contest for me was an exercise in frustration. Although there
were many strong signals it seemed that my signal was difficult to hear. I was
asked many times for repeats and sometimes just never made the contact.

Usually I can work HC8N on most bands but this year it was only on 20 and 15.
To me that was a good measure of conditions. Running also proved difficult.
Usually I can get in close to half the time running but this year I probably
put in only a couple of hours.

Enough ranting. Thanks to all for the contacts and hopefully the CW next month
will be much better.

73, Don VE3XD