[3830] CQWW SSB EI2CN SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 16:26:50 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Ireland

   20: 2039    35      102
Total: 2039    35      102  Total Score = 630,200

Orion 2
4 el SteppIR @80 feet
Acom 1000   400 W

Band was pretty good on Saturday but was in and out most of Sunday.   One
moment you are in a run and the spectrum display is going mad the next moment
you are scratching, the band is quiet and the spectrum display is flat.

The SteppIR is a delight for contesting both with the easy fast reversal and
also the ability to work in both directions.   There are times when the ability
to work in both directions is mose useful.

I thought of a single band entry on fifteen but the thought of working on a
flat band was too much perhaps fifteen would have been a good choice as well
but at least on twenty the band was never dead for long.

Thanks to all of you who gave me a QSO especially on Sunday night when it was
getting rough.   It is so much fun to work Hawaii or Chile and pick up to
multipliers not to mention Antartica doing this for me - wow a call out of the
blue.   Life is good and thanks to all of you.
            73 Doug