[3830] CQWW SSB K7IA SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 17:17:28 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: SW New Mexico

   40:   22    12       12
   20:   89    21       40
   15:  161    25       64
   10:   18     5        6

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The appearance of a few sun spots late in the week gave hope that there would be
some activity on 15 and 10.  No disappointment there!!  15 was generously open
without dependence on sporadic E.  Hope this isn't a fleeting promise of future
high band activity!

Perhaps the best thing about a wide open 15 meters is that it reduced the
dependence on the sole "money band" of recent years, 20 meters.  Twenty was,
unfortunately, global QRM, at least for this op's ears, which were rendered
nearly useless by a "common cold," which showed up coincident with sunspots.

My antennas for the low bands are CW only, so I have no feel for the activity
on 80 and 160.

Here's hoping the conditions are at least as good for the CW run (minus stuffy
ears!).

Thanks mucho to CQ Magazine for another fine outing and to all of the ops who
participated.  There seemed to be far more ops this year than in 2008.

73,
Dan