[3830] CQWW SSB N2FF SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 17:28:09 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East Williston, NY

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    5     4        3
   40:   33    12       26
   20:  267    26       94
   15:  254    21       88
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a low power assisted effort.  Unfortunately the rules make no
distinction between high and low power in assisted.  They should.  I sure would
like to be able to see how I stacked up with other low power assisted stations.
That's my real gripe about the rules for this contest.  I love everything else
about the contest.  I had more QSOs that I thought I would as I was NOT running
at any point.

Twenty was very crowded and noisy so I probably spent more time on 15 than I
should.  At the moment I have no ten meter antenna.  There are ten meter loops
on the quad but not enough postions on the antenna switch. I really do not
think I missed much there with the SFI as low as it has been.  But I am sure
there will be some urban contest legends about the guys who had BIG monobanders
at 200 feet working/running EU for a half hour.

With 94 countries on 20 and 88 on 15 I may possibly have worked more than 100
countries on the weekend.  I will check that as it has been a number of years
since that has happened in the CQ contest.

I will be on the CW contest and I hope to do a lot better with LP on 40 then.

Thanks to all the lads with good ears who managed to hear my peanut whistle.