[3830] CQWW SSB N2QT SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 17:47:47 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA

  160:   19     6       12
   80:   86    13       48
   40:  196    26       85
   20:  361    30      121
   15:  360    27      117
   10:   51     8       20

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It sure was fun to have an open 15M band (even with the S5 line noise that
showed up).  Spent most of the time dxing rather than going for score but still
beat last year's score (when I did the same thing, but for less time).
160 was miserable, and 80 wasn't much better.  At least I'll be a bit better
prepared for SS.

Found several things to improve in how the station is setup but at least
nothing broke or spilled.

          Rig : K3, Alpha 87A
     Antennas : KT34 at 55 ft,  3 El Steppir 50 ft
                shuntfed tower on 160, 40M rotary dipole 56 ft
                80M dipole 50 ft