[3830] CQWW SSB W4PK SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 17:53:38 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA

  160:    1     1        1
   80:    7     5        4
   40:   16    12       11
   20:   66    24       45
   15:  100    21       54
   10:   29     5        8

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A very casual operation on my part.  Spent most of Saturday trying to get my
voice messages programmed properly, and then spent Saturday evening watching my
favorite college football team play.

I played some on Sunday afternoon and discovered that I was getting RF into my
home-made pre-amp that I use with my Heil headset, but it only occured when any
of my antennas were pointed toward my house.  I had to switch the heil set out
of the circuit and depend solely on my canned messages.  Needless to say I only
did S&Ping for this contest.

Another thing that I noticed that my canned messages would have a short "blurp"
when I was transmitting if my logging program received a packet spot.  I heard a
few more stations on the air that a similar sound so I am not alone in this
regard.

73, Sam W4PK