[3830] CQWW SSB N6ML(@N6RO) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 18:02:20 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Oakley, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   15: 1089    30       97
Total: 1089    30       97  Total Score = 338,836

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Although I didn't know them personally, thought about the C6APR team during the
contest, and observed a minute of silence at the start.

Had planned a SOSB(A)/40 effort, but based on observations in the days leading
up to the contest, made a last-minute decision to start on 15 instead. Sure am
glad I did that! 15 was great on Saturday, and OK on Sunday. Probably missed
some EU by starting too late on Saturday morning. Good JA run on Saturday
afternoon - bursts of over 300/hr rate.

Highlights included getting called by 5H3EE and 9J2BO - both new entities for
me. Also worked TR8CA for the first time with my own call.

QSO count is a bit artificially high due to working a large number of W's - I
suppose I was the "free zone 3 mult dispenser". That's OK - I know you'll all
upload to LoTW so I can finish 15m WAS :)

Further disappointed at the volume of busted cluster spots, which seems to be
increasing each contest. Don't know why people bother spotting if they can't
copy the calls right. Oh well.

Thanks, as always, to N6RO for use of the station...