[3830] CQWW SSB VE3FRX SOSB/80 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 19:23:53 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3FRX
Operator(s): VE3FRX
Station: VE3FRX

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Varna, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 15h

   80:  455    9        24
Total:  455    9        24  Total Score = 28,809

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Planned to do 80m QRP, but ended up running 50W instead of 5W because I forgot
my new 2000W tuner scale is 0-200W on the low power setting, not 0-30 W as on
my old 300W tuner!  Glad I caught my error before score submission, but my
apologies to all who gave my "QRP" signal great reports. Sorry.  Still my old
TS-140S and higher 80m doublet at 50ft did wonders. As did N1MM logger and the
DVK...nice to work Tom, N1MM in contest.  Thanks again.

Thanks to CQ for great contest and to all the EU OPs who pulled me out of the
noise. If I knew I was going to enter LP class I sure could have used my other
50W to complete the QSOs from those mults that got away with only my partial
call.  Bummer.