[3830] CQWW SSB N8BJQ SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 20:42:20 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OH

  160:   19     6       10
   80:   58    13       27
   40:  159    24       65
   20:  361    31       96
   15:  601    26      103
   10:   57     9       21

Club: SWODXA

Comments:

This was almost fun - for a phone contest.

Missed most of this one the past couple of years.  Decided not to do the packet
thing this time - a lot less frustrating not having to deal with the packet
pileups.

Low bands were very noisy both nights.  Gave up early on Saturday night -
needed the 5 hrs of sleep more than the handful of Q's I might have made.

15M was a huge surprise when I went there on Saturday AM.  Checked early and
there was no activity - went back an hour later and the band was full.  Rates
were pretty good doing S&P and it's much easier.  Nice 10M opening late
Saturday afternoon.  Some much needed mults there.

Spent lots of time learning how to use the K3 which arrived earlier in the
week.  Will figure it out before SS.

Used the Distronix solid state amp again.  Really slick to be able to be able
to QSY anywhere and have full power available all the time.  Kind of like a
1500 watt transceiver.  Had a 180 hour on Sunday on 15 and the extra fan only
kicked on once.