[3830] CQWW SSB K3PP SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 25 22:40:54 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EPA

  160:   27    17       10
   80:  136    60       13
   40:  179    81       24
   20:  503   131       34
   15:  563   128       31
   10:   87    22        9

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Acom amp died 30 minutes prior to kickoff! I had to do surgery to fix the HEATER
VOLTAGE TOO LOW error. It was a smoked filament supply connector. The early
Acoms are apparently notorious for this. What lousy timing, though!

All in all, I'm pleased. I was pretty distracted at times with other things
going on, but the station played well. I had trouble getting a decent long-term
run going, but I usually smashed pileups with ease.

I was hoping for another Top Ten, but that's looking doubtful after seeing a
few of the other scores. The return of 15m was so refreshing! Keep them spots
coming!

VY 73 de Glenn K3PP

P.S., I dedicate this contest to the C6APR team. What a horrific tragedy! I got
a lump in my throat every time a station would come back to W3PP, as they so
often do. I miss Dallas already! :-(