[3830] CQWW SSB CX7TT SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 26 04:35:36 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CX7TT
Operator(s): CX7TT
Station: CX7TT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Uruguay

   80:   29    10        9
   40:   34    16       17
   20:  178    33       69
   15:  776    31       94
   10: 1000    22       93

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

45 min prior to contest, amigo CX5BW calls and advises of major storm coming. 20
min later, high winds/lightning etc hit...luckily I had time to crank down the
tower. 2 hours later, still lots of wind and major noise on low bands...went to
bed with 9 Qs. Sat am started very slooooowwww and around 15z when I was
thinking about reading a good book, smoking a cigar and drinking a beer, 10m
opened with a bang. Put up new antenna for 80m...an inverted L w/two elevated
radials; enjoyed the experience of a 20 minute grayline on Sunday morning with
super quiet condx here. 20m was absolute zoo so spent more time on 10 and 15m.
Great to see 10m come back for us. Look fwd to cq ww cw. Tnx to all for the Qs.