[3830] CQWW SSB 5H3EE(DL4SM) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 26 10:50:33 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 5H3EE
Operator(s): DL4SM
Station: 5H3EE

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Dar es Salaam

   15: 2480    34      130

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Elecraft K3, Yaesu FL-2100Z
Spiderbeam @ 10m

Thanks to all of you, have had big fun.

The start was not really perfect: The beam-indicator went on strike Saturday
morning and the local power supply company was following soon. Have been on the
generator almost all Saturday, and with it on 100watts only.
Could not reach all my goals: 3000Qs, 35/130 mults - probably lost most at the
first day.
Here from a southern location the propagation did not seem so very special to
me. When the northern paths are working, I even can feel lonely during the
daytime...
Have had some nice US-runs, fastest hour with 258 QSOs/h was also with 100W -
confirming again, that much power can make the pileup too big and is not always
helpful…
Did enjoy to play with the new K3 – still learning to use all the features.
The noise blanker made a good job here in downtown Dar es Salaam.
Only CE1W and PZ5W have been heard and could not be worked for a multi… but
sometimes had to spend much time for the caribbeans.

Zone          Total
2             1
3             97
4             335