[3830] CQWW SSB M3W(G4FAL) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 26 13:21:53 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M3W
Operator(s): G4FAL
Station: M3W

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IO93GI

  160:  112     6       40
   80:  205     7       46
   40:  259    11       57
   20:  224    18       50
   15:  223    19       61
   10:   63     5       19
------------------------------
Total: 1086    66      273  Total Score = 510,534

Club: Sheffield Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

This was the first CQWW contest for this callsign. M3W had a mixed reception. I
don't think that it helped that the call was not in SCP.  I had lots of "Mike
Three Whisky - your full call?"  I operated from home, which is in a
conservation area. I used two FT2ks, with amplifiers - SO2R, but with only one
aerial for 20, 15 and 10. Most contacts were S&P but the 2nd radio helped as I
could be searching another band while trying to break a pileup. My aim was to
make over 1,000 Qs with over 500k points, which I managed in the final hour.
The higher bands were great, especially 15m, so I expect scores will be good
this year.