[3830] CQWW SSB K2DSL SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 26 13:29:54 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2DSL
Operator(s): K2DSL
Station: K2DSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Waldwick, NJ
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   13     5        6
   40:   10     4        7
   20:   93    15       53
   15:   59    14       37

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

Part time effort with other obligations on all 3 days. For me, I probably did
the most 15m contacts I've ever done in a contest as there was activity there I
could hear/work and it was less of a zoo then 20m. At one point on Saturday I
had more 15m Q's then on 20m. Definitely quicker, even for a LP station, to
rack up Q's on 20m, but it was more pleasant to be on 15m. QRM on 20m with a
wire antenna is rough, but in most cases, doable. Thanks to all the ops that
said hello to my more familiar RTTY call then SSB. Always nice to speak with
you, even if just for a brief moment. See you in the next contest. David -
K2DSL