[3830] CQWW SSB OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 26 15:26:01 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Kisko

  160:  219     7       53
   80:  670    20       85
   40:  756    35      118
   20: 1020    36      130
   15:  901    36      128
   10:  150    15       55

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Fun stuff. I decided to try an assisted entry, because the regular SOAB OH
record is too tough to break in these times of depressed conditions.
Disappointing low bands, but I loved 15 meters. For one like me who has never
really experienced a solar maximum (I was QRT for most of the previous one), it
was a nice glimpse of what to wait for. The station worked well; thanks to all
for the QSOs.

I managed to stay awake quite well but felt it best to take a 3-hour nap during
the second night. The alarm rang at 03Z (5 am) and I pushed the snooze button
for mercy, or so I thought. I lay on the couch a few minutes and fortunately
thought to check what I had actually done. Lo and behold, I had turned the
alarm completely off... So I "saved" myself from a nap much longer than 3
hours.

Thanks to Jukka OH6LI & family for lending me their summer cottage for the
weekend. CU in CQWW CW!

73
Kim