[3830] CQWW SSB HG6N M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 27 08:00:11 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: HG6N
Operator(s): HA3NU HA3OV HA6ND HA6NY HA6ON
Station: HG6N

Class: M/S HP
QTH: HG6N

  160:  312    10       56
   80:  920    26      106
   40: 1088    34      128
   20: 1702    37      145
   15: 2185    38      153
   10:  154    28      104

Club: Hungarian DX Club

Comments:

Thanks for all QSOs!

memo:
Thursday
- Driving at least 5 hours to a contest place ( 1,5h congestion incl.)
- Shaking hands with my friends.
- Happy birthday George HA6ND and Endre HA6PN
- Tasting fair amount of delicious "palinka" provided by HA6PX
- We did not let HA3NU to operate before the contest, otherwise that lonely
  sunspot will disappear.( it is a superstition)

Friday
- A pill for headache
- Check yagis, beverages (patching the wire)
- setting up the station (RIGs, PCs...)
- Learning new and clever devices made by HA6's
- Ready for the contest

Saturday
- Start!
- Weak DX signals everywhere on low bands.
- A snappy squirrel bites the RG58 to a bev. We lost 40-50 QSOs TNX to that.
- Finishing low band activities by 05.30 and 800 Q.
- Good runs on 20/15 to EU/JA
- Only for mults on 10.(Wonder why only that JR5 was audible from JA?)
- Once I heard HA6NY's loud organ from the QSO room while I was still in the
bed. He was in the middle of the 220+ NA pile-up on 15m as well as HA3NU did
before. Running 15m myself for couple of more hours till it finished at about
17.00. Guys this is why we are doing it!
- Some very good run on 20 by HA3NU
- Better signalstrengths on 40/80.

sunday:
- Nice runs on 40
- Strong signals on 80.
- 80m was crowded so I tried to listen up 3800KHz, but NA ops are not prefered
it anymore.
- Nice ears I found: FY5KE (6 bands!),HC8A(5),VE3EJ(the only zone 04 on 160)
- Suggestion: rare DX stations to use split operation! PSE!!

 The station worked fine all weekend.

2X TS950SDX, 1X FT MARK V
2 beverages for receiving
160m: Dipole