[3830] CQWW SSB M0BJL SOSB(A)/40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 27 12:40:01 PDT 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M0BJL
Operator(s): M0BJL
Station: M0BJL

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: SOUTHAMPTON

   40: 1102    30      114
Total: 1102    30      114  Total Score = 208,224

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Second year as SOSB 40m Assisted, Band seemed in better shape on the Saturday
than the Sunday although signals from Asia were definately better on the Sunday
with B1Z audible very early in the afternoon. Still a major struggle to break
through the super stations in mainland EU to nail the juicy mults but got there
gradually.
Station slightly different from last year, opted for a vertical phased array
firing to the East which worked very well indeed and my trusty 40m Carolina
Windom at 55ft did me proud. Notable moments were working G3TXF(I didn't know
Nigel owned a microphone :-)) and working 100 DXCC in the 1st 16 hours of
operating!
Thanks to all those who helped me bust last years SOSB 40 HP Assisted
G-record.
73 to all.
M0BJL - Shaun