[3830] GaQP K0IO Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 11 18:59:58 PDT 2010

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: K0IO
Operator(s): K0IO
Station: K0IO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IA

  160:      6       0
   80:     23       0
   40:    122       0
   20:     33       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    184       0  CW-Dig Mults = 96  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 35,328

Club: Newton ARA

Comments:

Really fun!

My first GA QSO Party was more than 40 years ago as W0DRE, 15 miles down the
road in Newton and a lot of miles in between!  I still have the framed
certificate signed by K4BAI who I worked in 19 different counties plus some 2
banders in this contest.  Thanks to the other mobiles:  W4NZ in 17 counties;
W3DYA 11; NM2L 9; KN4Y and W5JR 7 each; and NE4S 3.  Thanks to the 6 stations
who showed up on 160, glad I kept my "static collector" up.

Had to take time out to fix a broken connection on my 40-meter loop which I
discovered when I went from 20 to 40.  No big deal.  We just had 50 mph gusts
here while there were 105 mph (wx bureau estimated) straight-line winds 5 miles
east of here in Grinnell on Tuesday.

The K3 and AL-1200 sure beat the Valiant and 2B of yesteryear!  I wish I still
had the 420 foot long wire that was strung from our house across 4 backyards
over to my uncle's house. The 40-meter loop does OK until I can get up
something larger. "IO" at Rock Creek Lake