[3830] GaQP W4PM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 11 19:17:52 PDT 2010

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

  160:      5       0
   80:     23       0
   40:    170       0
------------------------
Total:    198       0  CW-Dig Mults = 115  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 45,540

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

RIG: Omni VII, ALS-600 - 400w
ANTENNA: 176' Center Fed at 60'

I like this QSO Party format MUCH better than the VA QSO party.  The VA event
is WAY too long!

The name of the game was chasing Rovers from county to county.  127 of my QSO's
or 64% were from 11 rovers.

The following stations made it interesting:
W3DYA - 25 Qs
K4BAI - 22 Qs
W4NZ  - 22 Qs
NM2L  - 10 Qs
N0TW  - 10 Qs
KN4Y  -  9 Qs
W5JR  -  8 Qs
NE4S  -  6 Qs
N4FD  -  6 Qs
K4ZGB -  5 Qs
KC4HW -  4 Qs

Nice going guys!

We could have used more fixed stations to work.  I worked 48 unique fixed
stations for a total of 71 Qs.  In total, my 198 Qs were with only 59 different
stations.

40 meters was definitely where the action was! I did not get on bands higher
than 40 because the skip distance was too long for VA to GA on those bands.  I
listened a few times on 20 but no GA stations heard.

This is one of the better QSO parties. Thanks to all for the Qs.  CU next year
in this one.

73,
Puck W4PM