[3830] GaQP W0BH Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Apr 12 22:59:25 PDT 2010

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

  160:      4        1
   80:     34       10
   40:    147       37
   20:     99       18
------------------------
Total:    284       66  CW-Dig Mults = 132  Ph Mults = 36  Total Score = 106,512

I intended to get lots of woodcutting and taxes done this weekend, so started
more than an hour late as Lorna and I spent a good part of the morning felling
trees for firewood next winter.  I told Lorna I'd just get on to check out the
action before starting on taxes and that appears to be exactly what happened
(started taxes late Sunday evening) .. the GAQP was just too much fun to pass
up!  I kept telling myself when the bands died, I'd quit, but they never did.

The only thing better than having a whole bunch of mobiles to track is being
there with them.  The mobile gang was out in full force and there were a good
number of fixed stations on, too.  I worked Paul/N4PN seven times and really
missed him in WHEE at 40+ wpm (it's fun to listen to and it describes the
experience at the same time).  Saturday all day and Sunday morning were really
busy.  Sunday afternoon was slow with a number of mobiles no longer running. Of
course I had the other major GA sporting event of the weekend on in the shack,
too.  Almost all my Qs were S&P until the last hour when I CQd on 40m SSB and
picked up a few more combined mults.  Probably should have been doing that
sooner, but I really hadn't planned on operating the entire event.

Special thanks to the mobiles, some incredible ears and ops out there ...

45 W3DYA/m
35 K4BAI/m
33 W4NZ/m
19 KN4Y/m
16 NM2L/m
11 N0TW/m
7  NE4S/m W5JR/m
6  K4JJ/m K4ZGB/m
3  KC4HW/m
2  N4FD/m

Overall, I worked 97 unique calls and 137 counties (132 on CW plus CHTM FRAN
GWIN PICK and SCRE on SSB).  I know I missed some counties I should have
worked, but that's what happens when you cut wood, eat lunch, or take a long
phone call you can't miss.  Counties not in the log :

BANK BURK CALH CHGA CLAY DADE EFFI EMAN HABE LIBE LONG MITC MONT NEWT QUIT ROCK
TLBT TALI TAYL TERR UPSO WHEE

Thanks to SECC and SEDXC for sponsoring another enjoyable event, and thanks to
all the fixed stations, portables, and mobiles for making it so much fun for
the rest of us!

73, Bob, w0bh