[3830] GaQP W3DYA M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Apr 16 09:33:39 PDT 2010

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W3DYA
Operator(s): W3DYA
Station: W3DYA

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Mobile

  160:       0      0
   80:      54      0
   40:    1043      0
   20:     547      0
   15:       3      0
   10:       0      0
    6:       0      0
------------------------
Total:    1647      0  CW-Dig Mults = 50  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 164,700

Great contest as usual.  Great WX was unusual!
Lost K5 keyer settings and forgot manual.  Thanks to Jerry, W0GXQ, for
assisting by cell phone (ugh!) to set it up.  Settings did not handle "dits"
right, so struggled the whole contest... didn't send anything not absolutely
necessary!
Late Saturday quitting time makes it difficult for a mobile (xyl driving) to
operate full time.  Do other mobiles agree time should be shifted to start a
little earlier?
Thanks to my driver for missing a turn and winding up in a new county twenty
minutes before end of contest.  I guess Murphy left early, so had a great
finish.
Apologies to many who could have used 20M contacts in the last few counties.
40M was so busy I had pileups until I left the county!
Thanks to those fixed-station ops who followed the mobiles.  Mobiles make the
contest, but without the fixed stations, the mobile would be staying home!
Thanks to SECC and SEDX clubs for for another fun event!
73, Norm, W3DYA