[3830] ARRL RR KD5J Non-Rookie LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 18 18:11:30 PDT 2010

                    ARRL Rookie Roundup - SSB

Call: KD5J
Operator(s): KD5J
Station: KD5J

Class: Non-Rookie LP
QTH: AR

Total:   7  Mults = 6  Total Score = 84

Of course the idea of a special contest for beginners is a great one. But I
think this is another case of someone at the ARRL with good intentions did not
follow a project through and it flopped. The failure was with the logging
software which apparantly is non-existent. Lets leave the live score reporting
to the Multi-Multi and other big gun contest stations. I think we are missing a
valuable opportunity to teach newcomers to contesting how to submit a log in
Cabrillo format. The on-air QSOs were a great success but the aftermath of
score reporting is not. Because of the score reporting problems, how many will
skip the next contest because they dont want to deal with the hassle?