[3830] FlQP W4PM SOABCW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 25 15:38:52 PDT 2010

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: VA

   40:  102     0
   20:  200     0
--------------------
Total:  302     0  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 79,728

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  Ten Tec Omni VII - 100W
Antenna: 176' center fed at 60'

This was a hoot.  As in most QSO parties the name of the game was chasing /M
stations from county to county. The FL event ranks right up there with the best
of the QSO parties - a nice time format (especially for us older guys) and lots
of /M activity!

Mobile stations who made my log at least 10 times were:
N4O   24
K4OJ  22
N4EEB 21
N4PJ  18
K5YAA 15
W4AN  15
N4AO  15
K4KG  15
W1NN  14
K4O   11
W4MY  11
NF4A  10

The FL folks do it right and had all of the counties covered although I did
miss WAG (Washington) county.  Oh well maybe next year.  I've yet to get them
all!

I wish more of the activity had been on 40 where I had better propagation to FL
and my antenna is more competitive.  On 20 I had to wait in line to get through
the big pile ups.  I think every VA station who was in this beat me out every
time we went head to head. :-)  I just kept plugging and eventually I got
almost everyone I called although it took a lot of calling.  A yagi pointed to
FL would have been a BIG help!

CU next year in this one.  Thanks for the Q's.

73,
Puck W4PM