[3830] FlQP VE1RGB SOABCW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Apr 25 15:43:24 PDT 2010

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VE1RGB
Operator(s): VE1RGB
Station: VE1RGB

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Halifax, NS

--------------------
Total:  212     0  CW Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 55,120

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I messed up this contest big time right at the start by not having tested N1MM
10.4.3 FL QP before the contest. I had forgotten to put in a dummy mobile call
sign with a */* and as the result, I confronted head on a bug that drove me to
do things in the heat of the contest that I later regretted.  Not the fault of
N1MM. I have long been aware that the */* in the call sign log entry window of
state QSO parties with mobiles can be problematic, yet ignored the experience.
Bad preparation on my part and, one hopes, a lesson learned.  I lost two hours
right off the top of FL QP 2010.  My score reflects it.

The guys in N4O now hold the record for maximum number of counties in my log
from any FL QP, ever:  twenty-four.  Of those, 8 were mults (and I'm counting
CLR at 21:59:50Z today on my atomic clock).  I'm mystified by the number of
counties they covered in such a short span of time at the start of the contest.
 I'm sure the auditors will examine those records ;)  Several other mobiles are
in the log in the double digits as well.  Without deleving into historical
data, the mobiles seem to have been much more visible this year and, of course,
that's what makes FL QP great.

Thanks a lot to FQP for putting on this show!

73,
Gary, VE1RGB

K3 #95, wires and a vertical